We are a cultural charity, a National Lottery distributor, and the UK's lead organisation for film and the moving image.
Our Culture Handbook
We’re building an innovative and diverse organisation with creative storytelling at its heart.Find out more
Our mission is:
- To support creativity and actively seek out the next generation of UK storytellers
- To grow and care for the BFI National Archive, the world’s largest film and television archive
- To offer the widest range of UK and international moving image culture through our programmes and festivals — delivered online and in venue
- To use our knowledge to educate and deepen public appreciation and understanding of film and the moving image
- To work with Government and industry to ensure the continued growth of the UK’s screen industries
Founded in 1933, the BFI is a registered charity governed by Royal Charter.
The BFI Board of Governors is chaired by Tim Richards.
Jobs and opportunities
Find the latest jobs and employment opportunities at the BFIExplore
Strategy and policy
We work to help shape film strategy and policy in the UK.Find out more
Press releases and media enquiries
Our press team deals with all BFI activities, with specialist press officers handling trade and industry, archive and heritage, BFI Southbank, BFI festivals, DVD and theatrical distribution.Find out more
Contact the BFI
We welcome feedback. If you have a query or suggestion, or would like to make a complaint, please get in touch with the appropriate team using our online contact forms.Find out more
Where to find us
Addresses and contact numbers for BFI venues.Find out more